• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Rain in Santiago...

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
...it just started to rain in Santiago after over a month with nothing. It should stop the forest fires we have had, so it is a good thing.... but my feeling is that this is the start of "Fall" (Rainy season).

Buen Camino!
Ivar

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Reminds me of that beautiful album by Luar Na Lubre where one song is about it always raining in Santiago.. . . .Chove en Santiago....

EDIT: Just discovered it's on YouTube:

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Oh, this is a much nicer one - no kids screaming in the background at the Lalin concert!

Well it maybe the start of the rainy season in Santiago but nearby Santo Domingo de la Calzada and all the way to Leon it is hot and humid, with the temperatures hitting nearly 30 - at least this is what I seeing on google and what the other half has told me.

It is exactly one year since we were walking - and on this day we had our first day of rain - and it lasted ALL DAY. We remember because it was our daughter's 18th birthday;-) She still claims it as the worst and best birthday she has had. Today in NZ it has rained all day and she had to ride her 32km to and from work - she reckons walking in Spain in the rain is better than cycling to work in NZ!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It's still beautiful at the start of the trail, but the forecast is for rain this weekend. Oh heck, it's ALL beautiful! Fall is definitely in the air

Most read last week in this forum