• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Recommended CH accommodation Moissac to StJPP ...

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy route 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022, 2023, +
Greetings all pelerins [past, present and future], i am doing some very early planning on a cold Melbourne day for my continuation of the great pilgrimage along the GR65 ... i walked from Le Puy to Moissac last autumn but was forced to retire hurt at Moissac at the end of Sept. I hope to continue on the chemin from mid-May 2016 starting at Moissac. I would love to hear about the experience of other pelerins re walking in Spring [weather was very stable in autumn 2014 with only half-an-hour of rain in three+ weeks] ... am wondering if Spring is wildly different ... would be very pleased to have links to websites with long-term weather averages for Moissac and beyond :) My second question is re accommodation ... the best, most comfortable and welcoming chambre d’hôtes is what i am most interested in ... from Moissac through to StJPP ... and, given the terrain on this section of the GR, what is a reasonable distance to walk each day? i am thinking/planning [so far] maximum of 20kms. Does anyone know of an active camino group based in Melbourne? Thanks everyone! :)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I was just north of that area in May 2015, and we had light showers periodically through the week. The weather site I use is wunderground.com. If you go to the calendar view for the city you are looking at, the entire month is shown. There are drop down buttons to show the weather for any month and year. Buen Camino!

Greetings all pelerins [past, present and future], i am doing some very early planning on a cold Melbourne day for my continuation of the great pilgrimage along the GR65 ... i walked from Le Puy to Moissac last autumn but was forced to retire hurt at Moissac at the end of Sept. I hope to continue on the chemin from mid-May 2016 starting at Moissac. I would love to hear about the experience of other pelerins re walking in Spring [weather was very stable in autumn 2014 with only half-an-hour of rain in three+ weeks] ... am wondering if Spring is wildly different ... would be very pleased to have links to websites with long-term weather averages for Moissac and beyond :) My second question is re accommodation ... the best, most comfortable and welcoming chambre d’hôtes is what i am most interested in ... from Moissac through to StJPP ... and, given the terrain on this section of the GR, what is a reasonable distance to walk each day? i am thinking/planning [so far] maximum of 20kms. Does anyone know of an active camino group based in Melbourne? Thanks everyone! :)

May can be quite wet. However, it will be getting warmer as you head south. I would recommend L'Arbladoise as a definite. Just stayed here and had the most amazing meal. It is after Nogaro. Also had a wonderful meal in Saint Antoine de-Pont-d'Arratz. We stayed at la Maison du Bois and you eat at the local restaurant which is 2 metres away.
Still eating our way through France.
Sharon

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
I walked most of GR 65 last spring and had no rain at all, though others reported getting caught in showers.

I did few tables d'hĂ´te, but I can recommend these:
Mme. Theux's place in Pimbo
Hospitalet du Cosset in Barcelone du Gers
Le Presbytère in Lanne Soubiran

In Auvillar, if you stop there after a very easy first day, le Chat Bleu is lovely though you'll have to go out for dinner, or the place run by a lovely German couple, Gîte St Jacques, who serve dinner if they have a few guests who want it.

You can try for a private room at the wonderful Bohoteguia in Aroue. It's a fine gîte. Consider the hotel in Navarrenx, too.

Last edited:

Dinner on the last friday of the month.
A camino group associated with the Melbourne Walkers with many women who have walked the GR Blackrocker.
Will send the private later tonite as requested.

Just stayed at Ferme Bohotugeia last night and had a fantastic meal. Definitely recommend if you like gastronomic delights. It is clean and well run and we had a room to ourselves.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Just stayed at Ferme Bohotugeia last night and had a fantastic meal. Definitely recommend if you like gastronomic delights. It is clean and well run and we had a room to ourselves.
Hallo Sharon ... thanks for these recommendations and info. re weather in May ... i have l’Arbladoise pencilled/inked in and also Ferme Bohotugeia. Hope you are enjoying ur grande randonnée ... i will look forward to hearing any further recommendations in the coming etapes as i have found them much harder to assess ... and there are fewer options ... bon continuation et bon courage! :)

I walked most of GR 65 last spring and had no rain at all, though others reported getting caught in showers.

I did few tables d'hĂ´te, but I can recommend these:
Mme. Theux's place in Pimbo
Hospitalet du Cosset in Barcelone du Gers
Le Presbytère in Lanne Soubiran

In Auvillar, if you stop there after a very easy first day, le Chat Bleu is lovely though you'll have to go out for dinner, or the place run by a lovely German couple, Gîte St Jacques, who serve dinner if they have a few guests who want it.

You can try for a private room at the wonderful Bohoteguia in Aroue. It's a fine gîte. Consider the hotel in Navarrenx, too.

cheers Bill, thanks for all of these recommendations ... Hosp. du Cosset, le Chat Bleu and Bohoteguia all now on my list .... bon journée et bientôt :)

Most read last week in this forum

Hello everyone! Well.. one week from today will begin my walk across France and Spain. I see a number of posts regarding a wave of walkers and room accommodation limitations. I am one who is...
Hi. Here's a problem to which I can't find a solution. Any suggestions gratefully received! Last October I walked from Le Puy to Conques, but had to return home due to a family crisis. I'm very...

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back