• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Accommodation on Le Puy route

Doreenplett

Time of past OR future Camino
Le Puy
Me and my friend will be walking on the Le Puy Camino starting in Le Puy on the 27th May 2024 and ending in Moissac.
I booked accommodation in advance but need accommodation in Nasbinals on 31 May and Golinhac on 3rd June.
I tried several Gite/B/B but to no avail.
Can somebody give me any suggestions please.
Kind regards
Doreen Schmidt
South Africa

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
If you have only tried communication by email, you could try WhatsApp. And if you have only written in English, you might try writing in French. (Google Translate, if necessary, using very short, simple sentences.)

Bonjour @Doreenplett
...the gîte d'étape communal in Nasbinals is run by la mairie. It is open from 1 April to until 31 October. Perhaps it is a little early in the Year for reserving? Have you sent an email to the Contact adress? One can also telephone...

"You can also contact us by telephone at 04.66.32.50.17 during office opening hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m."

Bon chemin pèlerine!

Ps I have passed by Nasbinals a couple of times without booking, staying overnight in the communal gîte d'étape - in October one year and also in August.

Last edited:
The 9th edition the Lightfoot Guide will let you complete the journey your way.
Bonjour @Doreenplett
...the gîte d'étape communale in Nasbinals is run by la mairie. It is open from 1 April to until 31 October. Perhaps it is a little early in the Year for reserving? Have you sent an email to the Contact adress? One can also telephone...

"You can also contact us by telephone at 04.66.32.50.17 during office opening hours, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 2:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m."

Bon chemin pèlerine!

Ps I have passed by Nasbinals a couple of times without booking, staying overnight in the communal gîte d'étape - in October one year and also in August.
Thank you so much for the information, I will contact Gite détape communale by email.
Most appreciated.

...there is a Contact form for reservations at the bottom of the web page. I'd make a request using the form as well as sending an email, just in case...

Bon courage!

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Thank you, I jave sent an email but no reply. So maybe they are still closed.
And, for what it is worth, lots of accommodation info here :

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If you haven't explored the FB page of Camino-Via Podiensis-65, the fellow that heads is full of great advice that you can download for a small donation giving all the available Gites, etc. with the opening dates, prices, how many beds available, what is available as far as meals, etc. It is truly a wonderful document that you can print and carry with you and dispose of the pages as you walk. He is full of knowledge and so is his wife!

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
I had a very nice stay at Gîte Lo Fenador in Nasbinals last year. No meal served, but there's a kitchen, and they provide a very nice reception with appetizers and a local liquor. There's also a small chapel downstairs. Easy to find a meal in town.

Patrick and Anne
--
Gîte Lo fenador
48260 Nasbinals
Mob : 06 95 08 36 68
Le site du gîte : www.lofenador.fr

Thank you for the recommendation. Much appreciated.
Think of getting a meal in town.
Kind tegards. Doreen Schmidt

Most read last week in this forum

Hello - I am planning to walk about the first half of the Via Podiensis next month, May 2024. I will start from Le Puy and walk for 16 days. I am flying into Paris and would like to purchase a sim...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back