• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Reducing the Burden

Al the optimist

Veteran Member
10k? 5kk? 3k?

Not what I have in mind. What I have in mind is the emotional rather than physical load. My approach to daily life has been affected by my Caminos. That has proved to be and remains cyclical. Camino affects everyday life, which affects Camino, ad infinitum. So stresses that I used to feel in life have reduced including those while on the Camino. The gift of a greater self awareness, a increased ability to accept things in general, to adapt freely and easily, to just enjoy what life and the Camino throws at us - that is what the Camino's gives many of us - Reducing the Burden.

I give thanks for this wonderful gift.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Same for me Al. My life at home is so different now. Simpler, more relaxed and much more meaningful.

I plan to return to the Camino every year to recharge my spiritual batteries for as long as I can.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Yes, indeed, Al. Everything benefits: body, mind, and spirit. The body and mind get older but the spirit gets younger, child-like.

Interesting - and familiar - observation Al. Thank you.

Over the past year since returning from my Camino I've noticed something quite similar. Previously this effect came mainly from treks in the big mountains. An inner expansion, a much greater sense of inner space, perhaps giving me more room to deal with what Life brings...

Most read last week in this forum