• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Returning in August

Anne DR

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances 2017 (2018)
My husband and I started in Pamplona last year and skipped many sections due to knee problems and my allergic reaction problem. We made it to Santiago though and walked the 100 km from Sarria. I had mixed feelings about going back and walking the sections we skipped due to my persistent allergy problem. But when I recall the pleasure of walking and meeting fellow pilgrims I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it. So i’m returning (alone) for 2 weeks starting in Estella and walking as far as possible. If I don’t do it now who knows when. I always wondered why people keep returning to the Camino and now I know why. There is truly something magical about it. The infrastructure of alburgues, paths, and cafes is incredible. I am nervous but eager for this adventure. I also feel so much more prepared and knowledgeable. But I have to say the first time going and really knowing nothing — so much out of our comfort zone— made us realize that there is so much satisfaction and pleasure in traveling this way.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum