A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Live - Camino Francés Returning in August

2020 Camino Guides

Anne DR

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances 2017 (2018)
My husband and I started in Pamplona last year and skipped many sections due to knee problems and my allergic reaction problem. We made it to Santiago though and walked the 100 km from Sarria. I had mixed feelings about going back and walking the sections we skipped due to my persistent allergy problem. But when I recall the pleasure of walking and meeting fellow pilgrims I decided to throw caution to the wind and just do it. So i’m returning (alone) for 2 weeks starting in Estella and walking as far as possible. If I don’t do it now who knows when. I always wondered why people keep returning to the Camino and now I know why. There is truly something magical about it. The infrastructure of alburgues, paths, and cafes is incredible. I am nervous but eager for this adventure. I also feel so much more prepared and knowledgeable. But I have to say the first time going and really knowing nothing — so much out of our comfort zone— made us realize that there is so much satisfaction and pleasure in traveling this way.

Book your lodging here

Get e-mail updates from Casa Ivar (Forum + Forum Store content)

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • March

Votes: 46 4.0%
  • April

Votes: 173 15.1%
  • May

Votes: 279 24.4%