• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Roman Camino?

Kerryman

On several stretches of the Camino Frances one walks on an original roman road, most of it perfectly preserved and functional.
Looks like that formed the early 'backbone' of the Camino for a long time through the history.

Which roman 'Via' was that, by name, and where to find more information about it? :?:
K.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Here is my favorite link concerning the vias romanas in Northern Spain and particularly those leading to Galicia :

http://traianus.rediris.es/viasromanas/

This is serious work and after reading it you will know all about roman engineering of roads and bridges. Should be "compulsory reading" for all History enthousiasts before starting the Camino Francès.

Ulysse:
Your info is exactly what I had been hoping to find. So interesting, and full of detail. Poor me, I wish I had known this before I went. This really adds yet another dimension to the Camino. :shock:
Many thanks,
K.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Roman Roads

Wonderful site!
How awful that parts of the roads are still being destroyed today.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum