• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Roncevalles Bus

Mack

Time of past OR future Camino
April 2017 Sarria to Santiago de Compostela
Does any pilgrim have information on the bus from Roncevalles to Pamplona?

I know there is a daily bus that originates from Jaurrieta and picks up at Roncevalles at 0920 and arrives Pamplona at 1030 each day bar Sunday. However the bus website says tickets can only be purchased from one office which seems to be Pamplona. They advise that due to many pilgrims travelling in April one should arrive 1.5 to 2 hours beforehand.

Has anyone used this service? I need to make this journey on April 3 but if I can't be sure of getting a seat it makes my journey problematic.

Any advice will be much appreciated. Gracias.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I caught a bus from Roncesvalles to Pamplona in March a few years back. It originated at Roncesvalles, the bus driver sold the tickets and the bus was mostly empty.

Most pilgrims are taking the bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles, not the other way.

I did the same as @NorthernLight, I had to get the timing right. The next year I caught the bus in Zauburi (spell check isn't helping here) and paid the driver directly.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum