• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

RV decision- should we cut over after Fisherman's way to Santiago do Cacem

shefollowsshells

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Several alone and with children
Hello those who can help me decide!
We are departing for the RV in March (south to north) . We will be on trekking for two more months, God willing, after this is complete.
Would you advise, once in Porto Covo to continue on to Santiago do Cacem?
One might feel like it is no brainer with so much time on our hands BUT we do have a rough estimate of how our days will be spent, and the schedule is not tight but getting there.
Adding these days might have us cut the Inglais from this trip (I've done it , my girls have not).
Would love to hear others advice!
Huge thanks in advance!
Thanks,

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I think the weather at the time might make the decision for you. March could be wet and windy . . . . or it could be warm and sunny.

It’s a day’s walk to Cercal do Alentejo, another day to Vale Seco, and a third day to Santiago do Cacém.

I liked the days in the south, on the Historical Trail of the Rota Vicentina, far more than the days in the north.

And it’s going to depend on your group dynamics at the time, and how much you are enjoying a hiking trail (as that is what the Rota Vicentina is), or if you would rather be on a pilgrim trail, meeting other pilgrims.

I don’t think you can make that decision now, as there are too many variables.

I wanted to walk the Historical Trail from beginning to end, so that is what I did, from Cabo de S. Vicente to Santiago do Cacém. You want to walk the Fisherman’s Trail, from Cabo S. Vicente to Porto Covo, which is where it ends in the north. So it’s fine to stop there!

You won’t really miss anything if you leave out those last 3 days.
Jill

Always excellent advice! Thank you !!! That is good advice "trail" vs "pilgrim trail", and considering we are bringing guests after reading this I am tempted to save those three days for another Camino.
Thank you x a million!

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

âť“How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back