• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

saint palais

A

Anonymous

Hi,

2 years ago I walked from Begium via Reims, Vézelay, le Puy en Velay, SJPP to Santiago(-+2500 km in 81 days). The journey from Saint-Palais to SJPP was one of the most beautifull etappes: you see the mountains, the lovely basque villages.....
So If I may give and advice, start in Saint-Palais and walk tov SJPP.

Greetings

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I agree with you Taillie - that area of southern France is unique in that it is Basque country but still French.
There is a bull ring outside Rion des Landes, you can visit the little house that St Vincent de Paul was born in outside Dax,(and take a one day side trip to Lourdes from there) and, one of the best pilgrim museums is in Saint Palais - the life work of a retired doctor.
Well worth starting a bit further back than St Jean Pied de Port.

I tried to add a photograph but got a message that the Board's attachment quota has been reached.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum