• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago At last!

pos

I have just recently completed my Camino and reached the Holy City on October 16th. after 6 weeks on the trail. My Camino was spread out over a year and divided into 3 parts. In October 2008, I walked from SJPP to Logrono and during April and May of this year, I walked from Santo Domingo to Astorga. I walked from Astorga to Santiago during October 2009, taking about 2 weeks to reach my final destination.

Looking back on it all, the Camino for me was one of the greatest experiences of my lifetime and I will never forget the places visited and the other pilgrims that I met on my way. As a not too fit 58 year old Irishman, if I can do it - anyone can.

Buen camino

Paul

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Paul
sorry I have only just seen your post but I´ve been away walking the Via de la Plata for the past 7-8 weeks with little internet access and am only now catching up on all the posts. Very glad to hear you finished your camino. I have good memories of meeting you (albeit relatively briefly) on the Camino Frances in October last year. I hope this is not the end of the camino for you though and that maybe you´ll walk other routes.

Best wishes

Isabelle

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Congratulations Paul I liked the measured way you did your camino, avoiding the winning and striving race that a few pilgrims favour.
:arrow:

Slow and steady "wins" the race! Congratulations.

Most read last week in this forum