• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Santiago taxi rates going up soon.

t2andreo

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
2013 - 2018 , Pilgrim Office volunteer 2014 - 2022
Today, I read in El Correo Gallego that a taxi rate increase for Santiago has been approved. This is likely a consequence of general price inflation. According to the article, no implementation date is yet set.

Here is the link: https://www.elcorreogallego.es/sant...-taxis-para-compensarla-con-el-ipc-KD11745953

One key takeaway is that the flat fee from downtown to the airport is going up, from €21 to €22.

Thought you might like to know - if you did not already.

Tom

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
I concur. The flat rate had been €21 for as long as I can remember. a 5% increase - form €21 to 22 is not unreasonable. Plus, you can put up to four people with luggage in one taxi, to further reduce the unit cost.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
I concur. The flat rate had been €21 for as long as I can remember. a 5% increase - form €21 to 22 is not unreasonable. Plus, you can put up to four people with luggage in one taxi, to further reduce the unit cost.
When the bus was that little square with the underground parking underneath and I forget the name of the department store if you went to the Sitio just around the corner and got a taxi it was cheaper than the bus.

Most read last week in this forum