• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sauna on the way

Sacha

Peregrina
Time of past OR future Camino
05/24 C. Portugues
09/25 CF Ponferrada - Fisterra
Hello! I will be walking the coastal route from Porto to Caminha and then crossing over to Valença to do the central route and then continue on to the espiritual route.
I am looking for sauna’s on this route. I have found one between Caminha and Valença at Hotel Minho.

I would love to know of more along the way.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Well, you are taking a variant route which diverges just at the point to have you miss the hot springs and spas. I guess you win some and you lose some. Although, I've heard there are some nice paradors. Perhaps one of them has a sauna.

I also enjoy the sauna so I looked into this a bit. I’ve found Hotel porta do sol in Caminha. They accept visitors to their spa, even if you are not staying in the hotel. There is another one a bit out of the city Prazer da Natureza Resort, but taking a cab could be a feasible option.
In Santiago we booked a spa session at Hotel A Quinta Da Auga Relais. I hope this helps

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Most read last week in this forum