• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

On my way -> CP litoral / Variante Espiritual

Roland49

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF 07/2019, CP 07/2023
Hello fellow pilgrims,

just had my flights rebooked and fly to Porto on Tuesday, the 18th., beginning the CP litoral on Wednesday.
Will be in SdC on Saturday, the 29th, if it may.

Anyone else interested in a meetup on the way or in SdC?

Bom Caminho!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Hello fellow pilgrims,

just had my flights rebooked and fly to Porto on Tuesday, the 18th., beginning the CP litoral on Wednesday.
Will be in SdC on Saturday, the 29th, if it may.

Anyone else interested in a meetup on the way or in SdC?

Bom Caminho!
Hi Roland, I just finished the same, today. Enjoy, buen camino.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Short summary to my CP: it was hot, it was crowded and it was amazing!

Slightly longer:
The part along the ocean was quieter than imagined, especially the parts near the beaches, after morning fog the sun came out and it was awfully hot on those days.

I called ahead some of the well known albergues in and after A Guarda and all told me that they are booked out, same on the Variante Espiritual! I didn't know before that there will be the catholic World Youth Assembling in Lisbon the weekend after I arrived in SdC, so there were many young people walking in bigger organized groups with matching backpacks and raincoats with the logo on it.

Avoiding the crowds I walked to Tui via Valenca. Tui was packed, so I had to walk to the outskirts of Tui to get an accomodation for the night, walking back to the city to get something to eat. Starting early next morning avoiding the groups after Tui the walking constantly gets more solitary to my delight.

Next stop was Redondela where I got one of the last beds available and seeing many pilgrims arriving on the late afternoon not getting the chance to sleep in town.
From Redondela I walked via Pontevedra to the well known Donativo A Portela, where I met a german couple. As absolute beginners they decided to stay near me, stay in contact and walk to the same Albergues I chose.

We walked to the municipal in O Piño, that was quite a nice surprize, clean, cozy and comfortable (but somehow noisy) beds. But the hospitalera was ultra-grumpy like many comments in Google Maps stated.
Avoiding the mistake I made on my CF I walked as close to SdC as I can do, Milladoiro.
It was a very pleasing stay, big beds, curtains for privacy, nice showers. A youths-project, where I got a real multicolored wax-stamp in my Credential.

The next morning it was just a 8km walk to the Praza d'Obradoiro. As 4 years ago, SdC got me a welcome-shower and as we were very early, we count as #47, 48 and 49 in the Pilgrim's Office that day.

On the afternoon I met two Ex-colleagues that came down the Norte, arriving on the same day as me.
Managing to get a bed was hard, but the desk a the km0, where I stayed last time, was very helpful, organizing a single room for 2 nights. Dinner with the couple at L'Incontro was much fun, as the girl was italian born and spoke fluent Italian and her Spanish was way better than mine.
The next midday after my shopping run I met 2 german girls at the L'Incontro that I spoke to on the Camino in Portugal.

Leaving SdC back to Porto was hard, but the 2,5 days in Porto on the beaches and in the bars gave me some time to reflect.
But I think that this time I will probably take even more time to settle and reflect the Camino before, having in mind what happened the last 4 years.

Photos will follow.

Last edited:
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Sue,

you can choose from 3 different opportunities: Flixbus, Alsa and the train (where you have to change at the border).
Flixbus and Alsa are more convenient, depending on the day of the week, Alsa runs up to 3 times per day, Flixbus up to 5 times.
I used the earliest Flixbus on 7:15, it stops at Pontevedra, Vigo (from there it runs as different line, but you can stay in the bus) and Braga. At the beginning we were only a couple of passengers, after Vigo the bus was full.
The bus stops in Porto-Caminha Station (near the stadium of FC Porto), so you can change there to Metro.

Book early!

HTH

Most read last week in this forum

Starting a journey for me starts with the planning. This year everything aligned so here I am about to leave Canada to begin my 2nd Camino - the Portuguese Coastal. With three weeks to get my...
Day 0? I’m here 😊and I start my slow coastal camino tomorrow! Feel blessed and recognize the privilege it is to be able to take this journey. Tomorrow a short walk to Matosinhos - just right...
Will be doing hopefully my first of many Camino journeys leaving out of Porto December 29. From what I can tell, highs in 50’s to 60’s F and possibly some but not a lot of moisture with no snow...
I'm planning to cross over from the Coastal to Central Camino at Caminha. I would appreciate any comments relating to this route from pilgrims that have done it. Is it better to split into two...
Another wonderful walking day! Definitely feeling it in my legs today- a few more stretch breaks needed! And lots of wonderful places to take them! Theme for the day boardwalks! Received a few...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back