• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Schengen Visa Application - proof of pre-paid accommodation along Portuguese way

Gert

Time of past OR future Camino
Spain (2007)
Hi

I need to submit the paperwork for my Schengen Visa Application at the Portuguese embassy. One of the requirements is "proof of pre-paid accommodation".

Can someone comment if this is really required from past experience? The flexibility to take rest days/tourist days when one feels like it is one of the best features for me. I would hate it to be stuck to a fixed itinerary.

Regards, Gert

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Gert, where are you from? Are you sure you need a visa? If South Africa, maybe Sillydoll can help.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, yes I'm South African. (We definitely need a Visa)

I talked to someone this morning that went through the process - Apparently you need confirmed accommodation for the first & last night and then proof that you have bought a Pilgrim Record from the Confraternity of St James South Africa that supply a letter as well.

I will confirm if this is correct after my application.

Most read last week in this forum