• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SIM card question

Status
Not open for further replies.

evergreen05

Time of past OR future Camino
may(2013)
Have any of you good folk ever bought a sim card for Spain from prepaidsimcard.org? They offer one for Spain but you have to send a copy of your passport over the internet. I wonder if they are a secure outlet or a scam. I am aware that you are required to present your passport in Spain to buy a sim(probably a legacy of the Madrid train bombings). This organisation mails from Europe which looks convenient(having it sent to one's first hotel) if you've left it too late to buy from the US outfit.

Thanks
elizabeth

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I've used a travel sim (available from Australia Post) and found it fine for telephone calls but no good for data. Last trip (2011) I bought a local prepaid SIM card on arrival in Spain. I did need to show my passport and provide a local address (I used my hotel in Madrid) but I found it very easy and cheap. I think the provider was Moviestar. Could top it up at any little village store (the locals helped me the first few times). Get up to date info 'tho - this is one area where change is built-in!

Have used Travel Sim from Aust Post (cost $49.50 ) in UK and parts of Europe for last couple trips. Have put sim card in a cheap unlocked mobile and have an auto top up of $25. Calls in Europe are very cheap and definetly works in Spain. Can receive calls as well.

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most read last week in this forum