• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SIM card

EllenVerbakel

Time of past OR future Camino
El Camino Norte (May 2016)
Next Thursday I will resume my Camino del Norte in Bilbao. I will be walking for 4 weeks, and I am considering of buyng a SIM card there. Does anyone know a telephon shop in Bilbao, where I can buy one? And any idea of what is a fair price?

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Next Thursday I will resume my Camino del Norte in Bilbao. I will be walking for 4 weeks, and I am considering of buyng a SIM card there. Does anyone know a telephon shop in Bilbao, where I can buy one? And any idea of what is a fair price?
Google "Vodaphone shop Bilbao " and you will find your shop right in the center of Bilbao and close by the Guggenheim museum.
You can get a prepaid simcard for 15€
Very nice town !

Buen camino

Yes. I highly recommend the Vodaphone €15 for 30 days package. Note that it doesn't make International calls or SMS but for all else in Spain, it's more than enough.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Thanks!

Also Orange for 10€.
Plenty of possibilities and depends on what you need more: int'l calls, text or data. You can browse Vodafone, Orange, Yoigo etc.

I would look for a store affiliated with 'Orange' and get SIM that gives you more than Spain. My friend who is on Camino with me got one and then realized that if an emergency she can not even call home (USA) with it or my phone which has a SIM but not a Spanish number.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Yes. I highly recommend the Vodaphone €15 for 30 days package. Note that it doesn't make International calls or SMS but for all else in Spain, it's more than enough.

I found Vodafone very inconvenient because you can't send a text message, which I used a lot on the Camino, so I prefer Movistar, which has excellent coverage on the Camino Frances, don't know about the Camino Norte.

I found Vodafone very inconvenient because you can't send a text message, which I used a lot on the Camino, so I prefer Movistar, which has excellent coverage on the Camino Frances, don't know about the Camino Norte.
That's true. I don't sms at all so it did not affect me. I'm using mostly whatsap, Google map or calls for room bookings only.

Most read last week in this forum