• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sim card

JOSEPH SITKO

One foot in front of the other
Time of past OR future Camino
Heading for the Camino Primativo summer 2018. Picking up a new sim card upon arrival in Oviedo. Ok dumb question time. Will I still have the offline maps from Google and Wikiloc I have loaded into my phone after my Canadian sim card is switched for a Spanish version ?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Yes, if you have data, which you certainly will have (they don't sell phone call-only plans anymore).

Hi Joseph,

If the maps are loaded, they should remain. All that will change is the link to phone and data through the new sim.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
It depends here you save your maps to on your phone; save them to memory or memory card (and not your sim card's memory) and you will be fine.

Switching SIM cards is like switching license plates on a car, you get new plates but everything else in the car stays the same.

I hope to buy a SIM card with some data when I get to SJPDP. I will be updating my Instagram with hashtag #CaminoGo.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-

Most read last week in this forum