• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SIM in Valença

Salome55

Time of past OR future Camino
September, 2023
Hello fellow pilgrims!

My friend and I are starting Camino Portugués from Valença. The thing is that we are directly arriving from Porto Airport and may not have the time to get a SIM. Would we be able to get a SIM in Valença? I do see a Vodafone store but I'm not sure if they would have SIMs.

Otherwise, would you recommend to get one in Tui (Orange store) since we will spend most of our time in Spain?

Thank you in advance!!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Just get one in Tui, Portuguese sims will work in Spain and vice-versa; but it’s just another variable to take out of your day.

Whilst you’re in Tui, listen to the church clocks strike and notice that it’s a different time in Portugal.

There is also a Movistar store in Tui, and they have the best coverage in Spain. Though for the Portugués from Tui, probably any cell phone service will be fine since there are not really any remote stretches.

And I agree with @henrythedog’s recommendation that you buy the card in Spain.

The time change has messed up a lot of pilgrim’s plans, so that’s also very good advice!

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Portugal is one hour behind Spain, same timezone as UK and Ireland, so when you get into Spain it will suddenly be an hour later. Probably better to get your SIM in Spain.

You can buy an Holyfly eSim online and activate it from your phone. Works with every phone that does eSims which soon will be every phone. Comes with an Austrian number and supposedly works in every EU country. Roaming plus unlimited internet so I’m just hopping on whatever carrier’s network on any given day.

Ideal pocket guides for during & after your Camino. Each weighs only 1.4 oz (40g)!
Get an esim from Holafly. Data packages. Reasonable cost. Works great. High speed cell for data. Internet, email, WhatsApp, Facetime.

Most read last week in this forum