• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

SJPdP , Best Day of Week (least Crowded) to Head Up the Moun

DeadFred

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
St Jean-Los Arcos ,Sept, Oct 14'
Los Arcos - Logrono-May16'
Next Logrono to ? - Sept 2019
Assuming a clear , none rainy day I'm curious to know what is the least populated day of the week ( if there is such an animal) to Leave St Jean for Roncevelles via route Napoleon?.. While we are talking about it what's the MOST crowded ?

Thanks
Joe

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
It keeps getting more difficult to arrive in SJPdP but there are four buses daily out of Bayonne, weekdays the first one leaves at 0550 for SJ. Sundays the first bus out is at 0900. Putting on my Sherlock Holmes deerstalker I would guess an early start Sunday morning would insure fewer people.

The stats from St Jean show the number of pilgrims who leave each day.
These are not up to date and you will have to scroll down the 2011 stats to read about "Quelques journées denses".

http://www.aucoeurduchemin.org
Statistics pilgrims
St Jean Pied de Port

Page 16

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
scruffy1& Sillydoll .. Thank you ,this is excellent information.

Most read last week in this forum