• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping bag in July

cathyke

Am confused about whether I will need one - walking from Astorga to S de C from the beginning of July - some posts say it may be cold in the higher bits - will I need a sleeping bag, or just a sheet sleeping bag?
Ta

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Nights can be vey long if you are kept awake by being cold. I would suggest at least a lightweight sleeping bag. I have a Snugpak which weighs about 900gr which I will be taking for july/aug this year.

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
I walked in the month of June with a light fleece sleeping bag and it was just fine. You be mostly in Galicia, which has a much more temperate climate than the extreme cold and heat of Castilla.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
A sleeping bag, by all means. Nights do get cooler, they're comfortable to sleep on + they may protect you better from poss tiny little animals which may abound on mattresses (actually, I've never seen them, thanks to my sleeping bag). Ah, yes: try to get the smallest, lightest, one, it should fit on the palm of your hand. Buen Camino 8) XM

Most read last week in this forum