• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Sleeping bag March / April ? (Frances)

scubajunky

HI all,
I'm not sure as to whether I should take a sleeping bag for the walk ? do the alburgines and dorms provide blankets etc ? my sleeping bag is quite bulky and I cant imagine fitting it into my backpack.
Thanks in advance

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
A few municipal albergues do not have blankets including Roncesvalles at last report. The vast majority have blankets, though you may have to ask. Avoid the bulky sleeping bag if possible.

So the vast majority having blankets would mean It's not neccassary for me to carry one then in March / April ?

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I carried a -10C bag in November. It was overkill. Many of the albergues are heated to the point that you need only a sheet liner. The albergues do provide blankets.

I'd suggest a down comforter and a sheet liner meant for a sleeping bag would be enough.

Most read last week in this forum