• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Snow on the Norte in June?

Long Hiker

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Del Norte
My wife and I just got to Irun today June 9 and have heard there is snow on the route and have seen a website showing snow in the forecast. Can anyone confirm this, especially if you are walking the Camino and happen to see this post?

I am concerned the Camino may not be safe if it is snowing.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
According to aemet.es the snowline is down to 1300/1400mts during the coming week right along the Norte. It might be cold and wet so hopefully you have warm layers and waterproofs.
The snow is in the mountains so you should be o.k. along the coast.

If your prepared snow shouldn't be a problem. We walked a winter walk with about 10 days of snow. The other days were wind, rain and sleet. 4 days of sunshine .

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
If your prepared snow shouldn't be a problem. We walked a winter walk with about 10 days of snow. The other days were wind, rain and sleet. 4 days of sunshine .
O yes, we pack the same for all 4 seasons, We got in a blizzard in June one time.

Don't worry about that, I live in the north coast, I have never seen the snow on the coast, nor even in winter.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Walking in early/mid May along the Cantabric Mountains, I saw snow on the tops (big patches). So, yes, I guess it can happen.

Most read last week in this forum