• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

So I don't want to walk all the way down the hill before the end of the day...

Hal

Time of past OR future Camino
si
I would prefer to visit the seemingly charming Triacastela for an early snack before a gentle amble to Samos and will night further up. I was thinking of bedding down in Fonfria but for no legitimate reason the photograph of the albergue made me glum.

Any feedback on Fonfria, Viduedo or Filloval, visitors?

(I don't want to sleep anywhere prior to Fonfria).

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
I would prefer to visit the seemingly charming Triacastela for an early snack before a gentle amble to Samos and will night further up. I was thinking of bedding down in Fonfria but for no legitimate reason the photograph of the albergue made me glum.

I stayed there in 2014 and loved the atmosphere. Great communal meal. nice bar area and pleasant breakfast in the morning. It was a little rustic but I would be very happy to stop there again:)

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-

Albergue A Reboleira in Fonfria is wonderful - highly recommended, we really enjoyed our stay there, it was one of the highlights of our Camino. I agree the outside of the main building isn't very photogenic, but it's cosy inside and - just across the road - they have the most fabulous dining room which is built in the traditional Galician round-house (palloza) style with thatched roof and great timber beams. There is a communal dinner there every night for albergue guests, everyone sits at long tables, very convivial! Last May the dinner was 9 Euros for 3 courses including wine. The family who own and run the albergue are lovely, very friendly and hard-working. They have dorm beds and a few private rooms as well as a big common room and a bar which does breakfasts and is open all day for snacks and drinks. Do stay there - I'm sure you won't regret it!

I'm not sure when you will be walking, but in mid January we found nothing open in Fonfria- no albergue, no cafe, etc... This was not unusual for this time of year, but just wanted to mention it in case you may also be there in low season....

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
Nice staff, good food and plenty of it sounds like the jackpot!

Well, Fonfria it is! I suppose there's always the advantage of, if it is full up in mid-September, of having a couple of towns after it.

Thank you all kindly x

I stayed in 2013. It was fantastic, the beds are very comfortable, incredibly sturdy so none of the usual rickity, squeaking all night as people toss and turn. The round restaurant mentioned is beautiful and I would recommend it as a must do. Enjoy! :)

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

I stayed in 2013 and it was great, lovely sense of community,etc.

Last edited:
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum

Hey all , as in approaching the Camino from Sarria I didn’t find yet the basic equipment nor the alojamiento from sarria to santiago, I have booked just in Santiago some days but I’m becoming...
Several local news websites are reporting that in very bad weather a few days ago a pilgrim was found lost and confused walking the shoulder of the AP-1 highway near Burgos. Aiming for Burgos but...
I wasn't sure I was going to post "live from the Camino" for this Camino. I'm happy to do so on my solo Caminos, but when I am walking with family, my focus is a little elsewhere and I am mindful...
@Monasp has just posted two tables of statistics from the SJPDP pilgrim office on their Facebook account. Numbers of different nationalities recorded so far this year: the USA being the largest...
I've been reading about the different routes etc and I have seen that the longest route is over a month, but also that some people just walk for a weekend or a few days or a week. I want to do a...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back