• Remove ads on the forum by becoming a donating member. More here.
  • 20% off everything Altus the next few days at the Camino Forum Store. More here. (Discount taken at check out)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Solar Storm Aurora Photos on the Camino?

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
There is a series of photos of the aurora borealis observed in Galicia during the recent geomagnetic storm in La Voz de Galicia. However, this is what the camera saw. I wonder what one could actually see with the naked eye. I know from people who were lucky to observe it at unusually southern latitudes that there was a huge difference between direct observation and photo.

Also, I think that it was mainly observable at these latitudes, i.e. from the south of England to Austria, from around midnight onwards when pilgrims are asleep (based on what I hear from family members and friends who could see something. I was not so lucky).

Last edited:
We could be neigbours @Theatregal . Beautiful view from my back deck on Friday night, too. Sadly, we drove miles for a better (flatter horizon) view on Saturday, only to watch a beautiful clear sky, including the passing by of the International Space Station, with my son. All good. I'd have thought it might be great on La Meseta, given it's big-sky country, but it looks as though it just didn't get that far south.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum