• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Some thoughs from Santiago

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all,

It has been a while since I have posted a message, this does not mean that I am not reading posts, just that I do not have much time these days to sit down and write. I have actually been working 12 hour days for about a year now.... and I think my body is telling me to slow down... so that is what I am doing... will go for a walk with the dog after writing this post.

So we are getting closer to July 25th!

This Saturday night, there will be fireworks on the plaza de Obradoiro to celebrate St. James day on Sunday. Already there the streets are filled with people arriving for the celebrations. Not too many pilgrims though. 800-something yesterday at the pilgrims office, less than half of what we had per day a few weeks ago. The people in the street today are tourists, and not pilgrims.

Actually, at the Travel Center, we are having more problems booking rooms in September than in July! I think pilgrims have figured out that July is not the month to enter Santiago, and have put off their trip... and now "everyone" comes at once in September.

Xacobeo is setting up temporary albergues for the crowds in July and August, I have been working on a post with more details on this over here today (will post it tomorrow):
http://www.xacobeo.es/en/perfil/ivar
It contains details on "where", "how many extra beds" and contact information if you want to call ahead and so on.

Other than that, will be meeting JohnnieWalker on Sunday... he has invited me for lunch! Looking forward to that... and some Norwegian friends that are coming down as well.

Buen Camino everyone!

Greetings from Santiago de Compostela,
Ivar

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-

Most read last week in this forum