• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Spanish prayer video to practice Spanish

WldWil

Time of past OR future Camino
2015 SJPDP - Halfway
2016 Fromista - The other half
I am thinking about putting this in the Camino Photos as media since it is a video, but need maybe tag Camino Frances? It is not so much a video about the Camino, but a Spanish training video I made for myself. I have 8 months until I am on my journey and trying to get some Camino lingo down. So, I thought, maybe learning some basic prayers in Spanish would help.”

I had one person write up the prayers, another do the voice over slow at a bit slower pace and added some background music I purchased rights to. It was more work than I expected, but it almost gave me a jump because of all the editing to better recognize the words. When all the work was done, I thought, maybe this is worth sharing to help others, so posted it to YouTube.

Without crossing over into religious discussion lines, I was wondering what you thought of this as a training aid for the Camino for getting a stronger handle on Spanish as well as ability to participate in a mass if attended? Or… maybe I am just over thinking the Camino too much?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Like the idea, thanks for creating and sharing it. Would love something like this for the whole mass. Along with translations maybe for those not familiar with Catholic Mass?

Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Great idea Al. I am just trying to get a handle on this. I personally plan to go to a local Spanish Mass as well.

My sister loaned me her Spanish Rosetta Stone as well and am doing some online tutorials. It is a bit of work, but I'll see how many people use the prayers first. The challenge is producing something in a language you are not fluent with.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Here is the mass text. I can't remember who sent it to me - maybe Laurie or Margaret?

Attachments

• Mass text.pdf
    200.8 KB · Views: 13
Just to remind some folks...there is a "Catholics on Camino" mini Forum where you can praise to your hearts content.
Bless you all.

Arn

Hi Arn,

This was not so much to be about Praise so much as about understanding Spanish and using the Video to get a better hand on it. That's why in my original post stated, "Without crossing over into religious discussion lines."

It was a lot of work to create and wanted to share it. I do appreciate you mentioning the Catholics thing though as I will have to check it out. I do like the balance that this forum has in it tolerance in many directions. I even enjoy and chuckle at all the opinions sometimes.

A selection of Camino Jewellery

Most read last week in this forum