• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

St. James Day in SJPdP

KristinaMaria

Will there be anything going on in St. Jean Pied de Port for St. James day? I arrive the evening of July 24th. Also, when is this pilgrim's office there open?

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
My guess is there will be everything from buskers in the streets to parades, concerts and fireworks.
A great day if you like big parties and crowds.

But the Spanish people are a very sober lot and there will be no wine or licquor in bars, restaurants or supermercados.

David, Victoria, Canada.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles
Oops, mis-read the email. Scrub my previous post.
St. Jean Pied du Port, you ask.
Saint James is a saint in France too.
Only they call him St. Jacques, and a camino is called a chemin. Saint's day is the same all over the world.

David, Victoria, Canada

Hi,

On July 25th, the French TV will broadcast the Saint James day mass from the Notre-Dame church in St-Jean-Pied-de-Port.

Click HERE.

Théo

Most read last week in this forum