• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

st. Jean

Eric1985

Time of past OR future Camino
Hi. Just wondering is it a must to book accommodation in st. Jean to stay the night before I start my camino or would it be safe enough to get a place on arrival.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Most people will tell you to book ahead, it all depends on what time of the year and what time of day you are arriving. If you provide those details you will get a plethora of suggestions.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
It will be either 27th or 28th of may which would be a Wednesday or Thursday

Eric,

Of course you will travel more relaxed if you do have a reservation for lodging in SJPdP.
However, if you arrive without one the helpful volunteers who run the Pilgrim office of the Amis du Chemin de Saint Jacques at 39 rue de la Citadelle can provide you with both a Credential and on site lodging assistance. They keep up to the minute lists of available space throughout the SJPdP area. Their office is open every day of the year from early morning to late at night.

Buen camino,

Margaret Meredith

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
C
hee
Cheers arn

Thank you marga

Hi Eric -- I will arrive in Madrid on May 28 and have made reservations in Pamplona, St. Jean and Orrison -- just so I won't have to add lodging to my "to do" list while jet lagged and transitioning to my Camino
May see you walking!
Buen Camino

Guides that will let you complete the journey your way.

Most read last week in this forum