Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Suggestions for short day from Oviedo

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Primitivo
My flights from the US to Madrid got all messed up. But, I just arrived in Madrid, and will take an overnight bus to Oviedo, arriving at 6:30 am. Looking forward to walking, but think I'll walk a short day tomorrow. I'm thinking of stopping in either Escamplero or Paladin. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
I think it just depends on how you feel. Escamplero is closer, which might make more sense since you won’t have had much if any sleep. But if you feel like keeping going, the Albergue in Paladin looks pretty nice. I haven’t slept there, but I’ve had a rest and a cold drink in their café. Buen camino!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
My flights from the US to Madrid got all messed up. But, I just arrived in Madrid, and will take an overnight bus to Oviedo, arriving at 6:30 am. Looking forward to walking, but think I'll walk a short day tomorrow. I'm thinking of stopping in either Escamplero or Paladin. Anyone have recommendations? Thanks.
Paladin is a great great stop!!!! River, great food, wonderful people. I'd stop there even IF my flight didn't get goofed up

Last year, I stayed at Escamplero, and enjoyed nice view and food at the nearby restaurant where you check in the albergue. I thought of Paladin, too, but it needed booking and was full. It's a nice place for breakfast, though.

Either way, remember it's a first day, and you'll be sensible to pace yourself as it is uphill, a word which has extra meaning after a few hours. But the scenery is tremendous so just keep stopping to look around and you'll be fine.

Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Paladin is a great great stop!!!! River, great food, wonderful people. I'd stop there even IF my flight didn't get goofed up
Thank you. I actually did stay in Paladin.As you stated, it was a great place. I especially loved the stream running along side...great for soaking sore feet!

Most read last week in this forum

I have been trying to find a way to avoid the circus during the last stages of Frances. In two hours you can take the Lugo - Ourense train and walk the last stages on the Plata. Is it a good idea...
https://www.alojamientoloshospitales.com/albergue I found a link to this place in an old thread, but can't find it on WisePilgrim, the Gronze map or if I search by address. Can someone tell me...
Hi all Heading out for a meal tonight and Pilgrim mass before starting the Primitivo tomorrow. Any recommendations on where to get a great meal in Oviedo?

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back