• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Taxi from A Coruna to Ferrol?

NualaOC

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
A few and hopefully lots more.
I'm planning a possible escape to the Camino Ingles this autumn. I will have very limited time, so I've been playing around with various flight/bus combinations. Ideally, I would like to leave home, arrive in Ferrol and start walking (to Hotel Kensington or a little further) on the same day.

I've just discovered that if I fly from Belfast on a Sunday morning, I can arrive in Barcelona at 10.45am and catch a connecting flight to A Coruna, arriving there at 2.40pm. A slightly circuitous route, but it seems pretty perfect.

My question - has anyone taken a taxi from A Coruna to Ferrol? Is it ridiculously expensive? Is it necessary/advantageous to book in advance, or better to just hop in one at the airport?

The bus is also an option, but a taxi would give me an extra couple of hours to walk at a very leisurely pace and get my head into Camino-mode.

Thanks in anticipation!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Join our full-service guided tour of the Basque Country and let us pamper you!
Thanks @Bradypus - the airport tariff is very useful as a benchmark. The taxi option is certainly a lot more expensive than the bus!

I'm was quoted 90 Euro's from another company just yesterday. I believe I will take the Suntransfer option. Still expensive but I need to hit the ground running early a.m. the next day.

Thanks @mishlove, hope all works out for you. I would be interested to hear any lessons that you learn!

I'm going to wait until closer to the time to decide what to do. This is still a hypothetical plan and it is dependant on work and family commitments. I'm reluctant to pay that kind of money for a taxi, just to gain a couple of hours ...... but then again, it may be the smartest option.

Buen Camino!

Hola Nuala - you could also start in Neda and simply get the bus to Ferrol and a taxi to the Hotel and start the next day. Neda is a qualifying starting point for the Compostela.

Buen camino

John

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!

Most read last week in this forum