• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Getting From A Coruna (LCG) airport to Ferrol - Taxi VS Bus/Train

Ompong

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2023
Hi pilgrims! I have a two part query. First, some assumptions- One traveler with a suitcase and backpack, arriving LCG around noon. I am aware that the bus/train travel option takes a longer amount of time.

1. Taxi from LCG to Ferrol, which is cheaper? A) Simply hail a cab at the taxi rank in LCG; Or B) Book one in advance online.

2. Bus/Train from LCG to Ferrol, does this plan work?-

1) Take the airport bus from LCG to downtown A Coruna
1.1 How do i buy a ticket from the airport? Is there a ticket booth or ticket machine in English?
1.2 Which bus stop downtown do get I off?
1.3 Alternate question- How much will a taxi cost from LCG to downtown A Coruna?

2) Take a train from downtown A Coruna to Ferrol station
2.1 Which train station in downtown A Coruna should i catch the train to Ferrol?
2.2 How do i buy a ticket at the train station? Is there a ticket booth or ticket machine in English?

3) Is there a better way than this plan?

Unrelated 1- Can you book taxis in Ferrol over the phone?
Unrelated 2- Has anyone hired a car from LCG and dropping it off in Naron/Ferrol? Is it recommendable?

Thank heaps in advance!

Last edited:
A selection of Camino Jewellery
Some questions for clarification :

1. I presume you will walk the Inglés from Ferrol?
2. Will you send your suitcase forward to Santiago de Compostela?
3. Are you on a tight schedule to return home?

In general this is a good tool to get an idea about prices and choices.

Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm doing the Ingles from Ferrol. Suitcase will be forwarded by way of a delivery service, no issues with that.

My main query is really narrowed down to what is the best way to get from A Coruna airport (LCG) to Ferrol.

Thanks for the link, I've seen that but details are scant, hence my series of questions.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm doing the Ingles from Ferrol. Suitcase will be forwarded by way of a delivery service, no issues with that.

My main query is really narrowed down to what is the best way to get from A Coruna airport (LCG) to Ferrol.

Thanks for the link, I've seen that but details are scant, hence my series of questions.

Easiest would be a taxi ( takes only 15 minutes) from airport to trainstation A Coruńa. Then train to Ferrol.
Only takes an hour.

Hi @Ompong and welcome to the Forum!

I agree with @SabsP : Take a taxi from LCG to the La Coruña train station. The airport is small and the only train station in La Coruña is small; both are easily navegable and you should be able to find the taxi line at the airport and take one. There are ticket machines at the train station as well as ticket counters; you can use whichever one you feel comfortable with. Once you get to Ferrol you can walk or take a taxi to your lodgings.

I’m not sure how much the taxi from the airport to the train station will be, but I imagine around 15-20€. A taxi to Ferrol would probably be about 60 to 70€, if not way more. I wouldn’t recommend taking a taxi the entire way as the train option will be much cheaper.

And you can look at the Omio app to see train tix from La Coruña to Ferrol. They should run multiple times a day. You can book through Omio, too, in English.

Enjoy all the planning and Buen Camino!

The train ride between A Coruña and Ferrol is extremely scenic and I recommend it. There are good views from both sides of the train. Those sitting on the right-hand side when the train crosses the Rio Eume can look east to see the long stone bridge that joins Cabanas to Pontedeume. The Camino Inglés crosses that bridge.

Ponte de Eume at Pontedeume

-----

Location of main train station in A Coruña:

Google maps shows a train station in O Burgo that is much closer to the airport than is the above-noted main station. I will leave it to you to determine whether or not the trains to Ferrol that you are considering will stop at O Burgo to pick up passengers, and whether or not one can buy tickets there.

There is an app called Rail Europe that might help. Be alert to listings that include a change somewhere. Boarding at O Burgo and then changing at A Coruña would obviously be suboptimal.

My recollection is that the train ride from A Coruña to Ferrol took about an hour and a half.

-----

I stayed overnight at a lodging place on top of the very high hill just south of Pontedeume. That was a bad decision as there was nothing of interest up there. I was too tired to walk back down the hill for supper and then face the walk up the hill again. I should have stayed right in Pontedeume where there are more restaurants and a far better ambience.

-----

I enjoyed the Camino Inglés very much and I wish you an enjoyable walk.

Last edited:
3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc
Thank you all for the useful tips! This has given me something to look forward to, including the scenic views along the way to Ferrol!
You said that you arrive around noon. I just checked my train itinerary from a couple of weeks ago and the train left A Coruna at 12:02pm.

Takes 1 hour and 10 min to get to Ferrol.

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Hi, I just did this a few weeks s ago. I bought our tickets from A Coruña to Ferrol on the Renfe (Spanish Rail) site. You can do it in English by clicking the little British flag in the upper right. Give yourself a cushion of time to make connections even if the flight is late getting in.
We took a cab(~ €18) from the airport to the train station, then had lunch near the station and had a nice ride to Ferrol, getting there about 4:00 pm.
Once in Ferrol we dropped bags at our lodging and walked down to the Marina to the tourist information office for the first stamp. All went well and there were only a few other passengers in our car. Much of the pilgrim lodging in Ferrol is within walking distance of the station. Next day: Neda.
All the best,
Paul

Most read last week in this forum

Hi, finally plans for Camino Ingles become real, some accomodations, booked already, checking flights, etc..., starting 02june :) We are taking it slow, 8 days on the road, below are our stages...
We lost a set of black Leki trekking poles today between Ferrol and Neda just past the Monastario de San Martino. We sat down for a rest near the top of the hill amidst the houses. The poles were...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back