• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Taxi from SdC train station to airport?

Taholden

Grateful Member
Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese, 2022
Frances/Fisterra 2023
Greetings!
I'm traveling on June 8, arriving at SdC train station at 2 pm for a 5 pm flight from SQC. I've checked rome2rio, they estimate a taxi to be 50 plus euros for 14 kms. Just wondering if anyone has recent experience taking a taxi from train station to airport, and if this price estimate is reasonable. Also, are there usually taxis waiting outside train station, or should I pre book?
Much thanks!

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
The bus station is adjacent to the train station. I’d take the airport bus.

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
and depending on overall time you have ( as someone replied to a similar post last year) - only 14km; WALK!
Else I vote for the bus as well

I had my hotel book a taxi for me for the next day. 23€ as a fixed price.
Not sure why Rome2 rio is so wrong on this one.
Took the bus last year, but wanted to spend time with friends last Thurs. so the taxi was perfect.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
I would suggest that you pre book.

As others have said, taxis between the airport and Santiago city centre have a fixed price of €23.
There is also a bus that stops outside the train-bus stations and goes to the airport. It's line 6A. It runs roughly every 30 minutes and the price is €1

Most read last week in this forum