• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

The best in Castrojeriz

• Thread starter Former member 99816
  • Start date
F

Former member 99816

Albergue Orion is beyond perfect. Daniel, who built this place, is a peregrino himself and knows exactly what is required. The washing tubs have washboards and plugs, the bathrooms have soap and towels and even air fresheners. The dormitories have sheets that fit and lockers for everyone. There is even an indoor clothesline on case it's raining.
The grounds are fresh and clean and the food (get the Korean!) is terrific. Everything so impressive I just love this place

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
We stayed there in 2017 and loved it. They served Korean Bibimbop. But I heard that the Korean lady moved to England so do they have another Korean chef?

There was a Korean woman cooking there in May.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Agreed. I stayed there in May also. She is still there, and I can say the Korean lady’s name but dare not try to spell it. Sam from England is also there. Bothe ladies are angels!

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Every year they have a citywide garlic festival there that is unbelievable!!!

Reactions: Sho

Most read last week in this forum