• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

This time last year.....

Terri B

Time of past OR future Camino
1998 St Cuthberts Way, 1999 West Highland Way, 2016 & 2019 SJPDP to Santiago, 2020 Porto to Santiago
For the last two weeks memories have been popping up on Facebook reminding me of last years Camino France's I began in Saint Jean Pied de Port on 31st August. To begin with I was happily reminiscing and dreaming of my return in 2019 to repeat the journey. That was until Tuesday night when I badly rolled my ankle rushing to catch the train home from work.

Now the memories are just making me sad as I am confined to the house resting my badly sprained ankle.

So to cheer my self up I have spent the day watching The Way and Six Ways to Santiago and reading threads on the Forum.

So if you are currently out there enjoy, and wish me a speedy recovery.

Buen Camino

Terri

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Terri,

I am so glad that your injury is not worse. About this time last year, I should have been around Estella or further. I injured my IT Band (left leg), between Roncesvalles and Zubiri, third day from SJPP and it is only now, a year later, starting to heal.

The Way has been an anchor for my return to the Camino next year. I will look up the other movie you mention.

Remember, injury is God's, and our body's way of telling us to slow down. And may I be the first to wish you a very speedy recovery as well as an insightful convalescence.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
Transport luggage-passengers.
From airports to SJPP
Luggage from SJPP to Roncevalles

Most read last week in this forum