• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

TimesOnline.co.uk: My first avowed intent as a pilgrim...

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
My first avowed intent as a pilgrim to Santiago

Barbara Catchpole swaps killer heels for boots on the pilgrims’ path to Santiago

THERE were no taxis outside the terminal as I emerged from León airport in northwest Spain, not even an airport bus to take me to the city centre and my humble lodgings.

I was about to start a 200-mile (320km) walk on the Camino de Santiago (the Way of St James), a medieval footpath for over 1,000 years, since the discovery of St James the Apostle’s relics in the 9th century. The whole route stretches for 500 miles from the northern end of the Pyrenees on the French/Spanish border across the Iberian Peninsula to Santiago de Compostela in the western reaches of Galicia, and has changed little in all that time.

[Read the rest of the article here:]
http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/article ... 29,00.html

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.

Most read last week in this forum