Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Tineo - Albergue Palacio de Merás?

Time of past OR future Camino
I am not picky about albergues. However, I read a couple of comments about the albergue beds in the Palacio being located in a basement without air circulation. One pilgrim described it as "asphyxiating." For me, that could be a deal breaker.

Could anyone weigh in on the veracity of that claim, as well as share any other thoughts on this place?

Thanks!

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
I have stayed there twice and loved it. Small cubicles with two bunks and a curtain for privacy. Lovely showers and toilets, you can get your laundry done. Upstairs to hotel bar and restaurant on the Plaza. pilgrim menu at night. No problem with air circulation for me. I guess you could keep the curtain open if you like.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
I stayed there and thought it was lovely. However, I was lucky enough that they put me in a separate area near the steamroom (2 rooms of 4 bunks sharing a bathroom and I was the only one there). The "regular" area looked fine, with cubicles that had privacy curtains.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.

Most read last week in this forum

Hi all! I am starting El Camino Primitivo from Oviedo in 3 days. I will try to follow the normal stages and will attempt to do the Hospital route, if the weather permits it. During my research...
Hello to All !! My wife and I are looking at doing the Camino Primitivo sometime around the beginning of May 2024. We are both retired, in relatively good shape having recently completed a high...
Hey all, I would like to plan a Camino for my Easter holidays. I like the look of the Primitivo but as a complete first timer, I’m a little lost in all of the different options. The community...
I did the Camino Frances from St. Jean in 2022. I wouldn't call it life changing or anything that dramatic, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was so freeing to unburden myself of responsibilities...

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back