• Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
  • For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trail into Portomarin

Time of past OR future Camino
2006 to date: Over 21 Caminos. See signature line
Hi. I’m in Morgade with limited internet.

Last week or so, someone posted a map of the two trails into Portomarin; the old and the new one to the left.

Can someone help me find that and give me a link? I’ve searched but can’t find it.

Thanks.

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
On the high ground above Portomarin is a big map on a board. It shows the 3 routes, as the junction where you need to choose.

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
There are three routes. The new route to the right is very steep and brings you out on the south west side of the bridge. The other two routes bring you out to the south east of the bridge. The leftmost C. Complimentario route adds a few hundred extra metres but is by far the most comfortable route. The middle most "direct" route is shortest but takes you down a very rocky path which is difficult when dry and treacherous when wet. I much prefer the leftmost C. Complimentario route.

The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
At age 74 I took the shorter path which , although difficult at times was yet another good hurdle to overcome.

We took the leftmost (longer but less steep and rocky). My knees were completely shot at that point and it seemed the wisest course.

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum