• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train Strike in France!

ivar

Administrator
Staff member
I just got news of this today, two pilgrims from Colorado wanted to buy a ticket from Santiago to Paris on the train this morning was not recommended to do so at the train station. Later I had a Dutch pilgrim stop by my office, buying a bus ticket to Holland... he had already gotten his train ticket, and was going to try to get his money back from RENFE.

From the http://www.sncf.com/ (French Train Service) it looks like the strike is from today until Wednesday.

Du lundi 25 mai à 20h
au mercredi 27 mai à 8h :
En raison d'un mouvement de grève interprofessionnelle et nationale, le trafic des trains sera perturbé.

Greetings from a rainy Santiago,
Ivar

Very light, comfortable and compressible poncho. Specially designed for protection against water for any activity.

Our Atmospheric H30 poncho offers lightness and waterproofness. Easily compressible and made with our Waterproof fabric, its heat-sealed interior seams guarantee its waterproofness. Includes carrying bag.

€60,-
Hahah! This was like deja vu!
Same thing happened to us.
We were leaving Carcasonne and needed to get to the coast to take a ferry (already booked) to Ireland.

We managed to hook up with another pair of stranded travelers and together we booked a taxi.
It was gREAT!

We learned a lot about being flexible, but I have to admit, it's a
SHOCK to walk into a train station ready to go and have them say . . . sorry! roflol!

Most read last week in this forum