• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Train to madrid airport

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
Will the train in Santiago take me to the madrid airport.
The train from Santiago will take you to Chamartin, which is the train station in Madrid. From there it's easy to get to the airport via taxi, bus, or a commuter train.
All the info is here, just use the search button up top.

Ron

Last edited:
Will the train in Santiago take me to the madrid airport.

No. I'll take you to Chamartín train station from where you can take a commuter (Cercanías) train to the airport (Terminal 4). Those commuter trains run every 30 minutes. If your flight doesn't depart from T4, you can take one of the transit buses among terminals to get from T4 to the departure terminal of your flight.

You could also take the metro to get from Chamartín to the Airport. Line 10 from Chamartín to Nuevos ministerios and Line 8 from Nuevos Ministerios to the airport (be aware the metro has two different stops at the airport: one for terminals 1, 2 and 3 and another one for terminal 4).

Of course, you could take a taxi too. If I'm not wrong, it has a fixed fare of 30 Euros from downtown Madrid (anywhere within the M-30 ring) to the airport.

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.

Most read last week in this forum