• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trains to Madrid

ddorman

Time of past OR future Camino
April (2013)
I am planning on flying back to the US from Madrid after I've walked the Camino, and I will need to be at the airport by 8:00 a.m. Are there any red eye trains from Santiago that would get me to Madrid before 8 in the morning?

New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
Hola

Unfortunately not. The overnight TrenHotel doesn't arrive in Madrid until 8.02 - after a journey of 9.5 hours. The afternoon train leaves at 16.05 and arrive at 21.48 - then you have an overnight in Madrid or at the airport.

There is a 6.40am flight from Santiago to Madrid but it doesn't arrive until 7.50 leaving no margin for error.

John

There is a bus. I took it once for the most miserable travel experience of my life!

Santiago Compostela Aeropuerto Madrid-barajas T4 21:30 07:00 9h 30min 44.95€ LMXJVSD

St James' Way - Self-guided 4-7 day Walking Packages, Reading to Southampton, 110 kms
falcon269 said:
There is a bus. I took it once for the most miserable travel experience of my life!

Santiago Compostela Aeropuerto Madrid-barajas T4 21:30 07:00 9h 30min 44.95€ LMXJVSD

Miserable yes...but it still won't get the pilgrim there in time for their flight!

I'm starting to think about how to get home AFTER my first Camino in May - July 2013. I'll be heading for Germany from SDC. Any ideas? Train? Planes? Bus? I have no objection to leaving from Madrid, Barcelona, etc. if there is an inexpensive way to get there (other than walking, LOL). Thanks for any information.

Currently there are flights on RyanAir on Wed., Thur., and Sat. from Santiago to Frankfurt for about 30E.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Falcon, that is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. Thanks so much!
Kathy

Most read last week in this forum