• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transfers from Burgos Airport to Castrojeriz

Tony Bobcat

Time of past OR future Camino
May 2017
Hi Guys I’m trying to work out the best and quickest way to get from Burgos Airport to Castrojeriz, my wife and I are continuing our Camino from 2018. Looking so forward to our first steps.

Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Down bag (90/10 duvet) of 700 fills with 180 g (6.34 ounces) of filling. Mummy-shaped structure, ideal when you are looking for lightness with great heating performance.

€149,-
Hi Guys I’m trying to work out the best and quickest way to get from Burgos Airport to Castrojeriz, my wife and I are continuing our Camino from 2018. Looking so forward to our first steps.
I used this company last time when I had to restart in Fromista , I wanted to restart walking at 3 pm. I had arrived by bus from Madrid and prebooked him . i met him near the station but maybe he might collect you . What I thought was very good of him was he had a bottle of water for me when I arrived as it was hot and he was very informative and good company on the journey and the price was fair and agreed online months before arriving . You would be in Castrojeriz in an hour easily .TaxiBurgos.com

Thanks The Kerryman, I will email him and get a price thanks for your help.

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Buen Camino! Some may tut-tut about the Meseta, but it's the heart and soul of the Frances, IMHO. Walked it again last Sept/Oct, from Burgos to Leon, and loved every minute of it. God willing, will walk it yet again someday!

Last edited:
Hi Mettetati, actually that’s were we spent our last two days they were fantastic and having no bunks was a bonus. Thanks for your help.
Yes, we stayed there for two nights in 2018 when my sister could not walk due to leg and heart problems. I loved the place Buen Camino!

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Buen Camino! Some may tut-tut about the Meseta, but it's the heart and soul of the Frances, IMHO. Walked it again last Sept/Oct, from Burgos to Leon, and loved every minute of it. God willing, will walk it yet again someday!
My wife was born and grey up in the Mallee, which is a wheat growing area very much like the Meseta. So I think Carm will feel like at home.

Autobuses Amaya or Soto Y Alonso (depending on the day) provides once daily service from Burgos bus station to Castrojeriz. Schedule is to suit commuters.

No idea why you'd fly to Burgos from Madrid. Bus and train are both faster and run more frequently.

The focus is on reducing the risk of failure through being well prepared. 2nd ed.
Thanks for your help Donjek, the reason we fly out of Barcelona is because we are returning after the Camino and catching a cruise from there. Cheers Tony

Most read last week in this forum