• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transport from st john to roncesvalles

• Thread starter Deleted member 59555
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 59555

Hi all Having walked the french way three times I now want to take my wife to see places that I stayed at . So can any one say how we can get from st john to roncesvalles. by transport. My wife is not a walker.
What do you think team?

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
What about a taxi from Saint Jean Pied de Port?

A selection of Camino Jewellery
Hi all Having walked the french way three times I now want to take my wife to see places that I stayed at . So can any one say how we can get from st john to roncesvalles. by transport. My wife is not a walker.
What do you think team?

ALSA bus (under CONDA colours) from SJPdP to Roncesvalles. The bus runs in summer and on reduced schedules during shoulder seasons. You likely won't find a schedule more than a month in advance of service starting in the spring. http://www.conda.es/

Another option might Express Bourricot. https://www.expressbourricot.com/persons-transport/

The ALSA bus runs between 0 and 4 times daily during the year depending on the season. It doesn't run during the winter. There is a bus that runs to Pamplona all year from the French/ Spanish border at Arneguy, a bit on the Spanish side, but only twice a week. It may not stop at Roncevalles but if you ask the driver it may. The bus stop is an easy walk of a couple hours from SJPDP. I lost the actual link you would want but the bus line is PLM.

Look up the web site for Express Bourricot.
When I did a similar thing in 2011 ,Caroline took me from St Jean to Pamplona with 2 Australians.
Whatever the cost is Caroline will divide it between the number of passengers.
I hope that she is still running this superb service.. I can't praise her enough.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
In winter from 1rst of november to end of april not bus and not express Bourricot too only taxi 50€

Christine of Express Bourricot drove me from Biarritz Airport to Roncesvalles (after dropping a few people off at SJPP) so I could begin my Camino there -- for about the same reason you want to do this. I'd done the Napoleon route previously, and made a calculation that I wasn't getting any younger .... and didn't want my first day on the Camino to be my last. It's a beautiful walk and a wonderful experience, but as we all know, difficult. EB is just such a great service, they deserve all the praise they get.

What do you think team?

Hi Terry have you thought to carry her on your shoulders?

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.

Most read last week in this forum