A donation to the forum removes ads for you, and supports Ivar in his work running it

Advertisement

Luggage Transfer Correos

Transport from st john to roncesvalles

2020 Camino Guides

Terry W

Camino(s) past & future
August 2017
April 2018
April 2019
Hi all Having walked the french way three times I now want to take my wife to see places that I stayed at . So can any one say how we can get from st john to roncesvalles. by transport. My wife is not a walker.
What do you think team?:D

mspath

Veteran Member
Camino(s) past & future
Frances, autumn/winter; 2004, 2005-2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
What about a taxi from Saint Jean Pied de Port?

Donjek

Camino(s) past & future
2012 SJPdP - Fisterra
Hi all Having walked the french way three times I now want to take my wife to see places that I stayed at . So can any one say how we can get from st john to roncesvalles. by transport. My wife is not a walker.
ALSA bus (under CONDA colours) from SJPdP to Roncesvalles. The bus runs in summer and on reduced schedules during shoulder seasons. You likely won't find a schedule more than a month in advance of service starting in the spring. http://www.conda.es/

Another option might Express Bourricot. https://www.expressbourricot.com/persons-transport/

Camino(s) past & future
Camino Frances, 2015
The ALSA bus runs between 0 and 4 times daily during the year depending on the season. It doesn't run during the winter. There is a bus that runs to Pamplona all year from the French/ Spanish border at Arneguy, a bit on the Spanish side, but only twice a week. It may not stop at Roncevalles but if you ask the driver it may. The bus stop is an easy walk of a couple hours from SJPDP. I lost the actual link you would want but the bus line is PLM.

bernhugo

Look up the web site for Express Bourricot.
When I did a similar thing in 2011 ,Caroline took me from St Jean to Pamplona with 2 Australians.
Whatever the cost is Caroline will divide it between the number of passengers.
I hope that she is still running this superb service.. I can't praise her enough.

Monasp

I'm a manager of pilgrims office in SJPP
Camino(s) past & future
Camino in 2008.
In winter from 1rst of november to end of april not bus and not express Bourricot too only taxi 50€

Oxford Alice

Camino(s) past & future
(Bits of) Camino Frances (2001)
Camino Frances (2014)
Camino Frances (2018)
Christine of Express Bourricot drove me from Biarritz Airport to Roncesvalles (after dropping a few people off at SJPP) so I could begin my Camino there -- for about the same reason you want to do this. I'd done the Napoleon route previously, and made a calculation that I wasn't getting any younger .... and didn't want my first day on the Camino to be my last. It's a beautiful walk and a wonderful experience, but as we all know, difficult. EB is just such a great service, they deserve all the praise they get.

Ernesto.IT

Camino(s) past & future
2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
Hi Terry have you thought to carry her on your shoulders?;)

Get on our Mailing list for new products on the Camino Store and news from the Camino Forum

Advertisement

Booking.com

Most downloaded Resources

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Forum Store

Camino Forum Store

Casa Ivar Newsletter

Forum Donation

Forum Donation
For those with no forum account, it is possible to donate here as well. Thank you for your support! Ivar

Follow Casa Ivar on Instagram

When is the best time to walk?

• January

Votes: 16 1.3%
  • February

Votes: 9 0.8%
  • March

Votes: 50 4.2%
  • April

Votes: 179 15.0%
  • May

Votes: 294 24.7%
  • June

Votes: 85 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 23 1.9%
  • August

Votes: 27 2.3%
  • September

Votes: 340 28.5%
  • October

Votes: 146 12.2%
  • November

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • December

Votes: 6 0.5%
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock