• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Transportation from St. Jean Pied de Port to Porto

Leigh Lorayne

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Frances (2015)
Camino del Norte Irun to Ribadasella (2016)
Camino Primitivo Oviedo to Santiago (2016)
I will arrive in St Jean Pied de Port June 8 after walking the Via Podiensis. What is the best way to get from St.Jean to Porto? I am hoping in the time I have left to walk the Camino Portuguese.

I do enjoy the train and seeing the country. ( I know it would be a long ride) What would that option look like?

If I flew where would I/ could I fly from?

Any suggestions helpful..

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
Not very straightforward by train these days as most cross-border long distance trains from France go via Barcelona. You would probably have to change trains in Bayonne, Irun and Madrid. The simplest and probably cheapest option would be an overnight Flixbus direct from Bayonne to Porto.

Have you tried inputting your travel challenge into the Rome2Rio website? It's free to use and gives you all the options for travelling between two points.
I think you will end up with trains for most of the journey, but bus for the last segment, since there aren't many trains crossing the border from Spain into Portugal.

Technical backpack for day trips with backpack cover and internal compartment for the hydration bladder. Ideal daypack for excursions where we need a medium capacity backpack. The back with Air Flow System creates large air channels that will keep our back as cool as possible.

€83,-
Thank you! Will try that.

Most read last week in this forum