• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

transportation

aburlar

Time of past OR future Camino
Past -
Camino Frances - 2007, 2010, 2017
Future - Via Podiensis, Via Francigena
Anyone with any experience with the transportation in Spain....

I am wondering what's the best way to get to SJPDP from Bilbao. I will be traveling in July and August, is it necesary to make reservations on the trains or can you show up and be able to get on the trains that take you around in Spain?

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!
what's the best way to get to SJPDP from Bilbao...July and August, is it necesary to make reservations on the trains or can you show up and be able to get on the trains that take you around in Spain?

Hi. I like Spanish trains. Two years ago I went to SJ from Donostia on the Euskotren http://www.euskotren.es/ (type in "euskotren" if web inaccesible), changing at Hendaya. Nice. U may take it from Bilbao. There have been times when train seats in general were unavailable for the specific dates that I wanted to travel. But most of the time I've been able to buy tickets on the spot at travel agencies & train stations. Buen Camino, xm 8)

Most read last week in this forum