• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Travel Transfer on Sunday April 8th from Vigo airport to A Guarda?

Nivek

Time of past OR future Camino
Portuguese Way
Hi,
I'm a first timer to the Camino. I am arriving in Vigo Airport at 10.00am on Sunday next the 8th April.
1> I am having difficulty finding a bus or transport from Vigo Airport to A Guarda. Does anyone know if there are buses running even through TUI. Is Sunday a problem?
2>Or is anyone else going around this time who would share a fare?
3> What is the weather like there at present.

A selection of Camino Jewellery
There are some busses on sunday but not that many
There is a bus at 12:00 and 18:00 but I don’t know how far the airport is from the busstation in Vigo
maybe you can stay overnight but n Vigo City -nice town- and travel on monday. We very hour a bus to A Guarda. Btw the 18:00 bus only goed to Camposancos os but that is close by A Guarda at the quai of the ferry to Caminha in Portugal. Probably before the bus will stop in or around A Guarda center
The price I don’t know but I think around 10 to 12 € .

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.
I would like to get to A Guarda on the Sunday and start my walk, even if I only get a few hours done I will feel like I have made a start and then on Monday I can get going properly.
I would take the 12.00 if 'available. Do you know if it goes directly to A Guarda.

The one from Galicia (the round) and the one from Castilla & Leon. Individually numbered and made by the same people that make the ones you see on your walk.
I have no idea how long it takes from the airport of Vigo to the busstation in Vigo if there is any delay you probably have to wait till 18:00 hrs

I now see that the route is via Tui. Not that it matters to you .
https://www.rome2rio.com/map/Vigo/A-Guarda

Last edited:
Thanks for the Info.
I am arriving at approx 10.15 am on Sunday morning. Does anyone know if the bus goes from the airport or do I have to go to the bus station in Vigo.
Also I would be willing to share a fare by private car or whatever is available.

Most read last week in this forum