• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)

Search 69,459 Camino Questions

Trouble locating 2023 Dintaman & Landis Camino Francés guide in Portugal

Prentiss Riddle

Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada
Time of past OR future Camino
Português and/or Francés in 2023
This is weird: I'm living in Portugal and trying to find a copy of the 2023 edition of the Dintaman & Landis guide to the Camino Francés.

Local stores don't carry it. Ivar's Camino Store doesn't list it. Amazon.com has it but I need a source in the EU. Amazon.es doesn't have it. Amazon.de has it (at an inflated price) but for some reason say they won't ship it to Portugal (they do ship other goods).

Is the problem that it's sold out in many places? Or something else?

This is the one I'm looking for:

Get a spanish phone number with Airalo. eSim, so no physical SIM card. Easy to use app to add more funds if needed.
Amazon.es --which seems to cover purchases from Portugal as well-- has the Kindle version, but it looks like only the older version of the paperback. Not sure where else you could order from!

Good luck and bom caminho...

Last edited:
New Original Camino Gear Designed Especially with The Modern Peregrino In Mind!
you can order it from amazon.com and it ships to Portugal
https://www.amazon.com/Camino-Santi...p-1947474235/dp/1947474235/?tag=casaivar02-20
transport comes with a price tag of $12.76 , but if that makes the difference between have and have-not...
why would you need a source in the EU?
Shipping to Portugal is a no-go. The Portuguese customs bureau is notorious for delays and outrageously high import duties. Part of the price we paid for moving to this lovely country is that we will never order anything from outside the EU, not even care packages from family unless they're hand-delivered.

I know exactly what you mean, I have had to return 2 gift packages that I received in Portugal from family members because I could not sort out the customs conundrum they have created.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-
The Portuguese customs bureau is notorious for delays and outrageously high import duties. Part of the price we paid for moving to this lovely country is that we will never order anything from outside the EU unless they're hand-delivered.
This is what we've found as well. Amazon.es is your friend.

❓How to ask a question

How to post a new question on the Camino Forum.

Forum Rules

Forum Rules

Camino Updates on YouTube

Camino Conversations

Most downloaded Resources

This site is run by Ivar at

in Santiago de Compostela.
This site participates in the Amazon Affiliate program, designed to provide a means for Ivar to earn fees by linking to Amazon
Official Camino Passport (Credential) | 2024 Camino Guides
Back