• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
  • Get your Camino Frances Guidebook here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Trying to Remember an Albergue Association

koilife

Veteran Member
Time of past OR future Camino
CF '13; CF/Salvador/Ingles '16; Portugues '22
There is an albergue association of some sort that is similar in name to the "Red de Albergue" association, but has a fancy red logo. I'm trying to remember the name of it. Can anyone help?

(If you've stayed in one of these, you might remember an annoying problem of washing machines only taking 2 euro coins.)

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Is it this Red de Albergues Camino de Santiago ?

MM

See www.redalberguessantiago.com (It would be a rare machine that can take a variety of coins, surely, although possibly the hospitalero might have been able to provide change?)

The 2024 Camino guides will be coming out little by little. Here is a collection of the ones that are out so far.
The first edition came out in 2003 and has become the go-to-guide for many pilgrims over the years. It is shipping with a Pilgrim Passport (Credential) from the cathedral in Santiago de Compostela.
Nope. Not that either.

The logo has a very distinctive look --- red with white printing that might be inspired by an elaborate celtic knot or pattern of a walking maze (like those in meditation gardens).

€2,-/day will present your project to thousands of visitors each day. All interested in the Camino de Santiago.
See www.redalberguessantiago.com (It would be a rare machine that can take a variety of coins, surely, although possibly the hospitalero might have been able to provide change?)
It's not Red de Albergues.

Most washing machines took 1 euro coins, but this only took 2 euro coins. It was identical washers at each of the albergues that I stayed at under this association, and the hospitaleros didn't make change, nor was there a change machine. The local stores wouldn't make change, so I was forced to buy something small and insist on 2 euro coins for change.

So I think I found it by reverse lookup from stamps on my credencial. I think they are all part of the Xunta Galicia, which makes them municipals (or possibly privatized municipals???).

http://camino.xacobeo.es/red-de-albergues with a logo that looks like

I was thrown off by the naming similarity to Red de Albergues Camino de Santiago with a logo that looks like .

In my experience, there was a vast difference between the albergues affiliated with the two organizations in terms of overall hospitality, amenities, ambiance, etc.

Thanks, BTW, to those who were so quick to answer --- Margaret, David, Silverton.

Ideal sleeping bag liner whether we want to add a thermal plus to our bag, or if we want to use it alone to sleep in shelters or hostels. Thanks to its mummy shape, it adapts perfectly to our body.

€46,-

Most read last week in this forum