• For 2024 Pilgrims: €50,- donation = 1 year with no ads on the forum + 90% off any 2024 Guide. More here.
    (Discount code sent to you by Private Message after your donation)
  • ⚠️ Emergency contact in Spain - Dial 112 and AlertCops app. More on this here.
This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Under bridge messages to Peregrino's

PathMan

Time of past OR future Camino
Camino Portugues Coastal route from Porto (June 2017) - Senda Littoral, then inland from Valenca
Just back from completing the Caamino Portugues from Porto, where we followed the Senda Littoral up to the River Minho then turned inland to cross into Spain from Valenca to Tui. On that day's walk (Valenca/Tui to O Porrino), we went under a fairly substantial road bridge which must have been just before the garden cafe (lemonade stop!) of O Chiriringo Ribedelouro. Each side of the bridge had a message for Peregrino's (see pics below). I know I could carefully try to decipher all of this by copying unto a translation app, but someone must have done this before.
Can anyone provide a translation please for each pic? Thanks in anticipation!

Join our full-service guided tour and let us convert you into a Pampered Pilgrim!

Bo Camiño e un desexo CONCELLO DE TUI
Buen Camino and a wish TUI MUNICIPALITY

Peregrino: que véxalo ceo na terra cando teus ollos divisen as torres de Compostela.
We hope you see heaven on earth when your eyes spot the towers of Compostela.

Onde vai aquil peregrino (?), meu peregrino onde irá(?)
Camiño de Compostela. Eu sei que alí chegará.
Where is THAT peregrino going ? Where is MY peregrino going?
He is going to Compostela. I know that he will arrive there.

Sorry. I am Galician (so I'm not a native English speaker) and I'm not a poet, but I tried to do my best to translate these wonderful phrases in my language.

Thank you Pelegrin! I shall copy & past the translation under the images on my Facebook record for our Camino!

3rd Edition. More content, training & pack guides avoid common mistakes, bed bugs etc

Most read last week in this forum